- Photo by Dave Kotinsky/Getty Images
- Katie Couric arrives at 'MAKERS: Women Who Make America' New York Premiere at Alice Tully Hall on February 6, 2013 in New York City.
Someone notify Shirley MacLaine, because Katie Couric’s dead husband appears to be making 911 calls from his old phone.
According to the New York Daily News, every Tuesday at 2 a.m. the late Jay Monahan’s phone line dials 911, then Couric gets an emergency call back saying help is on the way. She has notified the police and they are looking into it.
Apparently there is a prank called “spoofing,” where someone uses a device to hack into a phone remotely. Or, Monahan’s disembodied spirit is trying to order a pizza, but is too drunk to hit the right speed-dial button. It’s gotta be one or the other.
There’s a bachelor for everyone
Well, Tierra LiCausi finally got the boot on “The Bachelor” after Sean Lowe realized she was a hot mess. But get this, according to the Wet Paint blog, she is already engaged to a man who is obviously impervious to henpecking and diva tantrums.
Her brother, Tyler LiCausi, confirmed her wedding plans. Sounds like she went running to her ex-boyfriend immediately after being dumped in St. Croix.
And here’s another not-so-surprising “Bachelor” tidbit: Lowe is reportedly celibate and saving himself for marriage. US Weekly reports that the devout Christian is a “born-again virgin” and that his bride to be is being patient about that wedding night.
Let’s just hope that once the big moment comes he won’t utter, “Will you accept this hose?”
World’s most charming teen ‘Jeopardy!’ champ
This year’s “Jeopardy! Teen Tournament” winner is so rad he garners a mention.
Every year, the game show trots out nerdy teenagers who make us all feel stupid, but there was something different about now-champion Leonard Cooper. The self-effacing cutie pie sported a gigantic hairdo, for one thing.
He killed it during the final round, realizing that even if he got the answer wrong he would still beat his opponents. The question was about President Dwight D. Eisenhower, but he didn’t know it.
“Who is some guy in Normandy,” he put, adding, “but I just won $75,000.” “You did indeed!” laughed Alex Trebek.
Somebody get this kid an agent.
- Lady Gaga has had to cancel the rest of her tour due to a hip injury.
- Donald Trump has finally weighed in on Beyoncé’s half-time show at the Super Bowl, calling it “ridiculous” and “not appropriate.” Sort of like his hair.
- An American Airlines employee allowed Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to bypass a security checkpoint at JFK airport in New York, which didn’t go over well with security and ended up delaying everyone’s flight for an hour.
- Actress Alyson Hannigan of “How I Met Your Mother” has gotten a restraining order against a mentally unstable man who is threatening to kill her.
- “The Twist” singer Chubby Checker is suing an app company for using his name for their penis-length predictor, "The Chubby Checker."
- Actor Zachary Gordon (“Diary of a Wimpy Kid”) is 15.
- Actress Amber Riley (“Glee”) is 27.
- Musician Conor Oberst, aka Bright Eyes, is 33.
- Singer Brandon Boyd of Incubus is 37.
- “The Simpsons” creator Matt Groening is 59.
- Actress Jane Seymour (“DWTS”) is 62.
- Actress Claire Bloom (“The King’s Speech”) is 82.
Got Scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.