- Getty Images
- Not everyone is a Beyoncé fan
Beyoncé’s cover of Amy Winehouse’s “Back to Black” is featured in the new movie “The Great Gatsby,” but the deceased singer’s dad, Mitch, is not happy.
“She doesn’t bring anything to it,” he told The Daily Mail, adding that initially he was never asked for permission to record it. “They have got to pay for the privilege,” he said, “which is what they are doing. I can’t tell you how much it is but it’s a lot of money.”
Geez, you’d think Beyoncé killed his daughter with her bare hands or something. On April 2, he suggested on Twitter that Beyoncé give $100,000 to the Amy Winehouse Foundation as well. “Do you know how many kids that would help?” Mitch said. “Just putting it out there.” Okie dokie.
- Reese Witherspoon canceled appearances on “GMA” and “Jimmy Fallon” in the wake of her arrest for disorderly conduct.
- Snoop Lion again came out in support of gun control, chiding a do-nothing Congress: “God damn it—get off your ass and make it happen.”
- Amanda Bynes was allegedly booted from her N.Y. gym and her membership was revoked when she was caught smoking pot in the locker room last weekend.
- Lauren Hill staved off prison for two more weeks after a judge granted her a little bit more time to pay her $968,000 tax bill to avoid the pokie.
- Bob Dylan, Wilco and My Morning Jacket are all going on tour together and will be playing the Shoreline in Mountain View in August.
- Singer Kelly Clarkson is 31.
- Actor Austin Nichols (“One Tree Hill”) is 33.
- Actor Cedric the Entertainer (“The Soul Man”) is 49.
- Actor Djimon Hounsou (“Blood Diamond”) is 49.
- Actor Michael O’Keefe (“Caddyshack”) is 58.
- Actor Eric Bogosian (“Law & Order: Criminal Intent”) is 60.
- Designer Jean Paul Gaultier is 61.
- Singer Barbra Streisand is 71.
- Actress Shirley MacLaine (“Downton Abbey”) is 79.
- Director Richard Donner (“The Goonies”) is 83.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email email@example.com.