- Getty Images file photo
- Lashing out: Billie Joe Armstrong erupted after being asked to finish up Green Day’s set at a Las Vegas concert so Usher could take the stage.
Billie Joe Armstrong is headed to rehab after having a fit when his band’s set was cut short to give more time to co-headliner Usher at a recent concert in Las Vegas.
The Green Day frontman exploded onstage after he was told he only had a minute left to play, imploding at the apparent snub with a slew of curse words and spittle.
He reminded the crowd that he had been around since 1988, and that, “I’m not f---ing Justin Bieber you motherf---ers!” Then he smashed his guitar and stormed off.
A statement on the band’s website said the 40-year-old frontman is going to treatment for substance abuse. The band will cancel some of its upcoming shows meant to promote a new album.
Jack of no trades
James Franco is further proving that he is a jack-of-all-trades, yet master of none. He has written, acted, emceed and painted, all to tepid response.
Now he’s trying his hand at music with a single by his new band, Daddy, called “Love in the Old Days.” Franco says it is Motown-inspired, but it actually sounds like a grizzled Lee Hazlewood talking his way through an acid flashback in front of someone tuning an acoustic guitar.
“I know I do a lot of things,” he told Rolling Stone magazine. “I’m sure there are a lot of skeptical people, hearing about me doing music. ... To me, it all comes from a similar place.”
So, what’s next for this blahville chameleon? Maybe a TV show, “So James Franco Thinks He Can Dance!”
You know it’s a slow week for smut when former “Facts of Life” star Lisa Whelchel’s divorce is trending.
The National Enquirer has the right idea, and is instead going with a story on former “Happy Days” star Erin Moran (aka Joanie), who is down on her luck, has been thrown out of her mother-in-law’s trailer in Indiana and is now homeless and allegedly boozing it up Hoosier style.
She just received a judgment for past “Happy Days” royalties, but sources say she will blow through that money before you can say “wide-mouth can.”
Where is Chachi when she needs him?
- “Modern Family” actor Eric Stonestreet tweeted to debunk rumors he was dating Charlize Theron.
- Justin Timberlake took his traveling bachelor party from Vegas to Cabo this weekend.
- Matthew Perry reportedly snapped, “Stop living in the past!” to a “Friends” fan.
- Ben Stiller has sold a semiautobiographical comedy to ABC.
- Lady Gaga says she owes her 25-pound weight gain to Italian food.
- Megan Ward (“General Hospital”) is 43.
- Actress Nia Vardalos (“My Big Fat Greek Wedding”) is 50.
- Actor Kevin Sorbo (“Hercules”) is 54.
- Harriet Walter (“Babel”) is 62.
- Director Pedro Almodóvar (“Volver”) is 63.
- Athlete “Mean” Joe Green is 66.
- Musician Gerry Marsden of Gerry & the Pacemakers is 70.