Everyone’s talking about Jodie Foster’s Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award acceptance speech at the Golden Globes on Sunday, where she single-handedly came out as a lesbian, retired from show business and made Mel Gibson appear to be an OK guy. Incredible.
- Actor Chris Warren Jr. (“High School Musical”) is 23.
- Musician Skrillex is 25.
- Musician Howie Day is 32.
- Rapper Pitbull is 32.
- Actor Eddie Cahill (“CSI: NY”) is 35.
- Actor Mario Van Peebles (“Damages”) is 56.
- Entertainer Charo is 62.
- Actress Margaret O’Brien (“Meet Me in St. Louis”) is 76.
Here’s how the stars reacted:
- Kathy Griffin: “I’m a big #JodieFoster fan, especially 2nite. Her speech tells LGBT youth: America has evolved, b proud of who u are!”
- Alan Cumming: “Aww Jodie Foster. I would like to be your friend.”
- Mo Rocca: “I feel that the Jodie Foster-Mel Gibson friendship sends a powerful message: People are complicated. #WorkingThroughJodie.”
- Jose Canseco: “Wow Jodie Foster at goldenglobes makes me want to join the lesbians.”
- Zach Braff: “Jodie Foster’s seizure/speech was moving.”
- Kate Middleton’s due date is in July.
- Ann Romney has declined an offer to be on “Dancing With the Stars.”
- To Anne Hathaway: If your gown inspires pregnancy rumors, fire your stylist.