- Getty Images File Photo
- Unreal estate: Kim Kardashian, left, and her sister Kourtney wanted to film their new reality show in tony South Beach, but residents’ cool reception sent them packing to a part of Miami known for strip clubs and crime.
According to Radar, the Kardashians have been banned from moving their TV show to South Beach, throwing a curveball at the upcoming “Kourtney & Kim Take Miami” reality fest.
In order to allow production in the posh hood, they needed 90 percent of the neighbors to agree to a few things — three solid months of filming, loads of crew members lumbering up and down the streets, paparazzi and, worst of all, having to come within 500 feet of a Kardashian on any given day. Not gonna happen.
Instead, a house in a gated community has been rented in North Miami Beach, which if you believe the blogosphere is like going from Pacific Heights to the Civic Center.
“The area is known for its hourly hotels, strip clubs and high crime rate,” reported Radar.
However, there is apparently a 7-Eleven nearby.
Knockin’ the bootstrappers
Not that the left-leaning lame-stream media would ever report such a thing, but Ayn Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged Part II” came out Friday. You might remember the first film, which was released last year and was roundly lambasted as a low-budget, “comically tasteless” piece of crap by that freedom-hating cabal known as professional movie reviewers.
This time, the folks behind “Shrugged II” aren’t going to let the critics tinkle in their popcorn. They deliberately did not release any advanced copies for review. “The integrity of the critics are going off a cliff,” producer John Aglialoro told Fox News. “Why should I give them the sword and they are just going to use to decapitate me with?”
If the movie sucks, he contends, it’s because the reviewer is a Democrat. So, what have all the “Democrats” said about “Shrugged II” so far? “A big bag of sad,” said the New York Post. “Ridiculous,” said the Boston Globe. The Washington Post was kinder, saying it was “less of a slog” than the first film. (They must vote independent.)
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity sightings? Email email@example.com.
- Rupert Murdoch, the Mr. Burns of global media, took to Twitter and bemoaned stricter privacy laws for people he deemed “scumbag celebrities.”
- Hot on the heels of her breakup with Ben Flajnik, Courtney Robertson was spotted making out with “Bachelorette” finalist Arie Luyendyk Jr. at an L.A. restaurant.
- An ABC show loosely based on Michael Bolton … starring Michael Bolton? At least it’s supposed to be a comedy.
- Actress Taryn Manning was charged with assault in NYC after allegedly choking her assistant.
- LiLo will sit down with Barbara Walters and discuss how her real life relates to her role in “Liz & Dick.”