- Getty Images File Photo
- Lamar Odom and Khloé Kardashian's cancer charity might not be as charitable as it appears.
ESPN’s “Outside The Lines” published a study of charities started by athletes, and Lamar Odom and wife Khloé Kardashian’s nonprofit, “Cathy’s Kids,” ain’t looking so good, despite being formed in part to allot money to cancer research.
According to ESPN, the charity “has not given a dime of grant money to any cancer entity in its eight-year history” even though it has raised a reported $2.2 million.
Odom claims he started it to help not only people affected by cancer but also under-privileged kids. So far, according to Yahoo, only 60 percent of the money has gone to finance two “elite” youth basketball travel teams. The rest allegedly sits in the bank account of the secretary, Jessy DeGregorio, who also was Odom’s best man at his wedding.
Khloé and Lamar set up an eBay account to collect the donations, called “Khloemar.” How about, “O hell-Khloé!”?
- Justin Bieber played a good prank on gossip peddlers on April Fool’s Day by Tweeting this to his 37 million followers: "as promised taking all fan phone calls TODAY at (888) 847 9869. Talk to u soon!" The number was actually the TMZ tips line.
- Angelina Jolie has opened an all-girls school in Afghanistan.
- “Buckwild” star Shain Gandee’s vehicle was found submerged in mud, and he and two others may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning as a result.
- Donald Trump has withdrawn his $5 million lawsuit against Bill Maher for calling him the spawn of an Orangutan, but says it will be “amended and refiled at a later date.”
- Seminal rock journalist and Crawdaddy magazine founder Paul Williams has died at the Beatles-esque age of 64.
- Actress Amanda Bynes (“Easy A”) is 27.
- Musician Mike Ness of Social Distortion is 51.
- Actor Eddie Murphy (“Shrek”) is 52.
- Actor David Hyde Pierce (“Frasier”) is 54.
- Actor Alec Baldwin (“30 Rock”) is 55.
- Singer Tony Orlando is 69.
- Actress Marsha Mason (“The Goodbye Girl”) is 71.
- Singer Wayne Newton is 71.
- Primatologist Jane Goodall is 79.
- Actress Doris Day (“That Touch of Mink”) is 91.